Check out these helpful tips on how to clean Berghaus walking boots!
As Berghaus boots are made with leather, keeping up regular care with them is the key to keeping them in the best condition possible!
1. Remove your laces and insoles and give your boots a good shake. Making sure to remove any dirt and grit.
2. Using a shoe cleaning brush, gently brush off remaining dirt, introducing luke warm water if the dirt is stubborn.
3. After scrubbing the boots, the pores on the leather will be open. Whilst they’re still damp, buff a conditioning cream on the leather, eyelets and stitches to stop the pores soaking up any water.
4. Dry your boots off by leaving them to air dry at room temperature. Be careful to place the shoes out of direct sunlight and avoid radiators, as wet leather burns and will brittle and break.
5. Store your boots in a dry and airy space. Avoid storing wet boots in dark rooms as they will go mouldy. Stuffing the boots with newspaper will absorb excess moisture, but be careful not to over stuff!