A Complete Guide to Asics Running Shoes
Running away from the competition
For over 60 years, one brand has dominated the running shoe market, standing for trust, quality, value and comfort; that brand is Asics.
Whether you've not run since school or you're the regional 10k champion, the Asics trainers range ensures that there's always a pair of running shoes to suit your personal style.
Shop all Asics
Top 5 Asics Running Shoe Technologies
There's so much technology crammed inside a pair of Asics trainers that it's easy to take it for granted. Designers work hard to create shoes that protect your feet, increase your speed and improve your running style.
So, how do you know what to look for among the acronyms? Let us help...
- The Asics Impact Guidance System allows your feet to perform in a more natural way. IGS is designed to literally guide your feet through each stride more efficiently.
- Asics GEL improves shock absorption using a special kind of silicone. Gel cushioning is placed in the midsole of your shoe for maximum effectiveness.
- A special midsole material that improves the bounce-back characteristics of your running shoes and lessens the effects of midsole wear and tear.
- Asics High Abrasion Resistant rubber is a tough compound found in heavy contact areas of the sole and designed to prolong the life of your shoes.
- Found on most Asics running shoes, Trusstic technology improves stability and torsion control using a moulded component under the mid-foot area.
The Asics Range
We're updating our collection of men's, women's and kid's Asics trainers all of the time. To help you choose a pair to suit you, we've broken down some of our most popular styles into their different categories.
Trail Running Shoes
Do you enjoy exploring the great outdoors? Trail running is not only a great way to stay fit, but it's also perfect for exploring the beautiful British countryside.
The ASICS Enduro 9 and Tambora 2 trail running shoes offer lightweight protection from the elements and cushioning from rugged off-road terrain.
Stability Running Shoes
If you suffer from over pronation, you'll love the support and comfort offered by Asics stability range of running shoes.
The Innovate 4 and Phoenix 5 shoes both come complete with High Abrasion Resistant rubber (AHAR) on the outer soles and breathable mesh uppers to keep your feet cool.
All round running shoes
Are you new to running and unsure what you'll like or do you run often and everywhere at every opportunity?
Asics all round running shoes such as the Galaxy 6 and the Zacara 2, offer GEL cushioning, flex-grooved soles and just the right amount of support for all situations.
Other things to consider
Before you rush to buy your favourite Asics running shoes, remember that there's more to consider than design and style alone.
Take a look at our other running buying guides for more running shoe advice.